JEE Main 2017 Application Form, Exam Dates, EligibilityBack to Exam List
JEE Main 2017 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility
JEE Mains is one of the top level examinations of India. JEE is a 2 stage examination conducted by CBSE Board. The interested candidates can get admissions in UG eng./architecture courses in NITs, IITs and other institutions through JEE Mains examination, whereas IITs provide admissions to eligible candidates through JEE Advanced examination. The qualified candidates of JEE Mains will be eligible to take up JEE Advanced examination.
Important Changes Made in JEE Main 2017
- There will be no weightage for higher secondary marks in calculating the ranks in JEE Main examination.
- For the applicants to qualify for admission in IITs, NITs, IIITs & such other CFTIs whose admission are based on JEE ranks, they must have score minimum 75% marks (65% for reserved categories) in higher secondary standard or be in the top 20 percentile in higher secondary exam. for more details
Important Points for JEE Main 2017
- Aadhar Card is mandatory to apply JEE Main 2017.
- JEE Main 2017 Application Form will be available from 1st December 2016.
- JEE Main Examination is held one time in year.
- There is only three attempts to appear in JEE Main.
- There is no application correction facility in JEE Main application process.
- There is no lateral entry scheme through JEE Main, Admissions are provided only in First Year (First Semester).
- JEE Main 2017 Application form can only be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates who are appearing or passed 12th or equivalent examination can apply for JEE Main 2017.
- To admission in IIT’s, IIIT’s NIT’s and CFTI’s candidates must score at least 75% (for SC/ST 65%) in their qualifying examination (12th Standard)
JEE Main 2017 Application Form
The interested candidates can apply for JEE Main 2017 only through online mode from the official website of JEE Main 2017. The application forms will be available from 1st December 2017. Last date to apply is 2nd January 2017.
Before the application the candidates are suggested to get the JEE Main Information Bulletin 2017 from the official site of the board and read carefully, which will be available after release of official notice for JEE Main 2017. JEE Main Application form 2017 and how to apply- Click here
Important Dates- Announced
|JEE Main 2017 Official notice will be release||November 2016|
|The starting date for online application||1st December 2016|
|Last date to submit online application||2nd January 2017|
|Last date to pay of application fee through debit/credit card||3rd January 2017|
|Last date to pay of application fee through e-challan||January 2017|
|Admit Card availability||March 2017|
|JEE Main offline Examination (Pen Paper Based)||2nd April 2017|
|JEE Main online Examination (Computer Based)||8th & 9th April 2017|
|Answer key availability||April 2017|
|Challenge against answer key will be accepted||April 2017|
|Result declaration||27th April 2017|
|Counselling||First of week of July 2017|
The application fee has to be paid to complete the application process. Application fee can be paid either through online or offline mode. Application fee paid is non-refundable. The application fee for different categories is as follows-
|Papers||Offline examination||Online examination|
|Appearing||General/OBC (Male)||SC/ST/PWD/All Females||General/OBC||SC/ST/PWD/Females|
|For examination centres opted in India|
|Paper I & II||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper I & II||1800||900||1300||650|
|For examination centres opted in Foreign countries|
|Paper I & II||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper I & II||3800||1900||3800||1900|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
The applicants interested in JEE main should go through the eligibility criteria before they apply for the examination. JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria has been given below to help the appearing applicants.
Age– The candidates must have aged born on after 1st October 1992 for General Candidates (for reserved categories it is 1st October 1987).
Education Qualification– The candidates should have qualified higher secondary examination or equivalent either in 2015 or 2016 (appearing candidates can also apply).
- The candidates must have scored 50% in aggregation of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- The candidates must have minimum 5 subjects in higher secondary standard.
- The interested candidate can take up JEE Main examination only for 3 attempts.
- The diploma holder (3 years) can also apply for JEE Main 2017.
IIT ,PMT Coaching Classes
Our current network Dwarka Delhi!
Bhardwaj career classes
101 & 107 Plot No-4 sec-2 Dwarka
Vardhman Market New Delhi, New Delhi 110005 Delhi